I have been an acting makeup artist more or less for the past 7 or so years. One of the best gigs in makeup artistry is doing weddings. The bridesmaids and family are happy and jubilant for the big day so everyone is in an all around good mood. The makeup the bride party wants for the wedding is always spectacular and extra fun to do. Plus you get to indulge in a mimosa or two. I mean who doesn’t love a good wedding party?
Over the years of doing makeup I have been able to put together a kit that is makeup artist tested and approved for the big day. The best part is, is that you don’t necessarily need a professional makeup artist to achieve the perfect wedding day look, just some of these products.
1. Skin care essentials
This is going to vary based on your skin type but these are the ones that I highly recommend.
Oily: Sunday Riley Space Race to fight acne oil and pores
* Expert tip you should start your skincare regimen at least 90 days before your wedding to have healthy, glowing skin the day of the wedding and to be sure you are using what works for you!
You going to need a really good primer it is going to be a long day and you need your makeup to las as long as possible. Here are my primer recommendations in order
- Hourglass Veil - Feels silky while controlling redness simultaneously blurring fine lines and pores
- Becca Backlight Primer - Perfect for that wedding day glow that we all love
- Makeup Forever Step 1 - Recommend for anyone experiencing skin discoloration or dullness
- Smashbox- A perfect primer for someone who wants something basic that will help smooth pores and make makeup last all day long
Other articles you might like: Fall into Lipstick Love| Find Your Shade
I hands-down recommend one of 3 foundations
Urban Decay Naked which looks natural, glowy and flawless, but isn’t as long wearing as the other 2 options.
Makeup Forever Ultra HD has great coverage, looks natural, and works for most skin types.
Lancome Teint De Ultra, the most long-wearing foundation, with amazing coverage and works with many skin tones.
5. Eyeshadow pallet
There are honestly just too many to chose from and are going to depend on texture, quality, and color
I find myself using the following the most
Two Faced Sweet Peach - a combination of matte and shimmers with mostly red undertones
Urban Decay Naked 3 - A rose gold based pallet with mostly shimmers, works best on light skin tones
Smashbox Exposure - The perfect neutral browns with an even mix of mattes and shimmers