“The people who make a living doing what they love are the people who insist on doing so. They don’t give up. They never give in. They dare life to not let them do what they love”- Tony Robbins
It is July 1st and we are officially halfway through the year! Crazy, I know, only 6 months left till 2019. If you made goals at the beginning of the year this is the perfect time to revisit and reevaluate where you’re going. If you didn’t set goals then this is the perfect time to set out and look at what you want to accomplish before the end of the year (make sure to check out the goal setting guide). If you threw in the towel early on this may be a good time to revisit and see what you can do differently. Think about it, you know more now than you did 6 months ago, so set your sights on what you want and go for it!
I’m sitting here looking at the goals I had set for myself at the beginning of the year saying wow I sure am ambitious, aren’t I? I know that there are a few things on my list I’ve accomplished. A couple things I am still working towards and a handful of no way is that happening before the end of the year. It’s time to sit down and figure out how my goals have changed, and what I need to focus my attention on in order to accomplish my goals.
This is painful but here is the list of goals I made in the beginning of 2018
- $3,087.34 in my savings – wow okay Carly pretty specific, also still painfully far away from this goal
- Create a blog I am happy with and enjoy blogging on- Check, check, check!!!
- Quit waitressing and make a salary- CHECK I did this in January and am very proud of myself for doing so
- Meditate for 10 minutes a day- Umm does spacing out at the sky count..no..oh okay then, no not accomplished
- Create a healthier lifestyle, eat well live good- definitely working towards this one and doing well
- Find a reason to smile EVERY DAY- Okay I think I can put a big CHECK next to this one. It’s been a great 6 months
- Feel abundant- I’d say I’ve made a major improvement
- Trust it and act on it- Trusting my intuition and following my gut is tough and that’s why it’s one of my goals
- Take a vacation- I will be able to check this one off after Wednesday!
- Get my dream body- I was living in it then, I’m living in it now. I don’t know where my head was at when I wrote this but I’ll just put a CHECK
- Cruise to Bermuda or fly to Aruba- Ahh Sigh, maybe next year
- Get 2k followers on Insta or sheissolucky.com- Hey who knows I’m still working towards this one!
So there it is. Now I am taking a hard look at what I want to focus my energy on for the next 6 months. I need to take some things off the list, add things to it, and adjust my goals. Here are some pointers on how I plan on doing that:
Out with the old in with the stuff that really matters
Life brings us in different directions than we ever suspected to go. When looking at your goals think to yourself, “Is this something that is still relevant to my journey or do I just have it on here because I think I should?” If you have a goal that you once felt really passionate about but find yourself not really focused on anymore don’t be afraid to let it go.
Don’t let fear hold you back
Don’t be afraid to make big, scary goals for yourself. Don’t get stuck in a plateau because you “don’t think you can do it”, or because “you’ve never done it before”. Anyone that has ever done anything new to them has never done it before, but that doesn’t mean they can’t do it. This is your journey and you keep moving the bar forward and pushing toward what you want. You can, have, do, or be anything you want. Don’t be afraid to get big and crazy with your dreams.
Celebrate what you’ve accomplished thus far
Maybe you only accomplished 1 thing on your list. That is something worth celebrating. Think about it something that was important enough for you to write down and work towards you did! That means you’re moving the bar forward, you’re progressing and that’s all we can ever hope for.
Spread out your goals evenly
Don’t just make one type of goal. Make life goals, family goals, personal feeling goals, work goals. Your life doesn’t revolve around one area. It’s important to maintain balance throughout all areas of your life. Your goals should reflect this because without balance it is hard to find happiness.